Facts about abortion u.s. abortion statistics easy ways to make money

Primary nationwide abortion statistics for the united states are available easy ways to make money from two sources—privately from the guttmacher institute (AGI) and publicly from the centers for disease control (CDC). Guttmacher’s numbers, published every three years, come from direct surveys of all known and suspected abortion easy ways to make money providers in the united states. The CDC numbers, published annually, are derived from actual counts of every abortion reported to easy ways to make money state health departments. Unfortunately, california, maryland, and new hampshire do not publicly report abortion totals. As such, guttmacher’s abortion numbers are more complete, but they are approximations. Since only 58% of queried providers responded to guttmacher’s latest survey, abortion totals were estimated for the remaining 42%. These estimates utilized in-state health department data and “service patterns of other abortion-providing facilities in the community.” whereas the CDC numbers may be too low, guttmacher’s numbers may be too high. The information on this page has been gleaned from both easy ways to make money sources to provide an overview of the frequency and demography easy ways to make money of abortion. Additional secondary statistics have been taken from the national abortion easy ways to make money federation’s (NAF) 2009 teaching text on abortion, management of unintended and abnormal pregnancy: comprehensive abortion care.

• according to the guttmacher institute, an estimated 926,240 abortions took place in the united states in 2014—down from 1.06 million in 2011, 1.21 million abortions in 2008, 1.2 million in 2005, 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2011, nearly 53 million legal abortions occurred in the U.S (AGI).

*though the UN lists china’s official abortion rate at 19.2, china’s actual abortion rate is likely much higher. According to china’s 2010 census, there were approximately 310 million women of reproductive age in easy ways to make money the country. An estimated 13-23 million abortions happen annually in china, resulting in an adjusted abortion rate of 41.9-74.2. The abortion rate is the number of abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44.

*gestational weeks are measured from the first day of the easy ways to make money woman’s last menstruation and not from the day of conception. Though it does not provide an accurate fetal age (which is roughly 2 weeks less than the gestational age), it is the simplest way for an OB/GYN to age a pregnancy since the day of conception easy ways to make money is often not known. Hence, if an abortion occurs at 8 weeks gestation, it is actually aborting a 6 week embryo. The images on our prenatal development and abortion pictures pages easy ways to make money are more precisely captioned with fetal ages in accordance with easy ways to make money standard teaching texts on prenatal development.

• in 2011, 42% of providers offered very early abortions (during the first four weeks’ gestation) and 95% offered abortion at eight weeks. Sixty-four percent of providers offer at least some second-trimester abortion services (13 weeks or later), and 20% offer abortion after 20 weeks. Eleven percent of all abortion providers offered abortions past 24 easy ways to make money weeks (AGI).

• 39 states currently enforce parental consent or notification laws for easy ways to make money minors seeking an abortion: AL, AK, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV, and WY. The supreme court ruled that minors must have the alternative easy ways to make money of seeking a court order authorizing the procedure (AGI).